* St. Petersburg authorities revoked their permission to hold an event in support of civil rights for Russia’s gay and transsexual community on July 7, a spokesperson for the St. Petersburg governor said
* Russia's Aviastar aircraft plant has completed the first flying prototype of the Ilyushin Il-76MD-90A transport aircraft and sent it off for test-flights, the plant's general director, Sergei Dementyev, said
* The Russian Knights, one of the world’s best aerobatic teams, missed on Thursday the planned deadline for their departure to the British airshow in Farnborough over the lack of Russian bureaucratic paperwork, a source from the team said
* A newly-built bridge opened by Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev in the Far Eastern city of Vladivostok ahead of September’s Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit, will be closed for “waterproofing and asphalt laying,” Pacific Bridge Construction Company (TMK) said
* Iran’s Defense Ministry and The Aerospace Industries Organization have launched a $4 bln law suit against Russia’s state arms corporation Rosoboronexport in an international court in Geneva over a deal to buy missiles suspended by Russia, Rosoboronexport said in its annual report
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: WTA Finals Draw Ceremony
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
During the 11th Annual Meeting to be held in Sochi from October 22 to 24, experts of the Valdai International Discussion Club will focus on whether the global community will develop ground rules for the world politics or whether it will be a game without any rules where everyone fend for themselves.