Topic: Iran's nuclear program
MOSCOW, June 3 (RIA Novosti)
- Iran Ready for Dialogue on Nuclear Program – Lavrov
- New Iran Talks to be Held in Moscow
- Russia Concerned about Changing Positions towards Military Action against Iran - Foreign Ministry
- Russian Military Concedes Iran, N. Korea Nuclear Threat
Russian President Vladimir Putin will next week meet with his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad prior to an international round of talks on Iran’s nuclear program in Moscow, a presidential aide said on Sunday.
The meeting will allow Putin to “feel the heat surrounding the Iranian problem and see how this issue is perceived in Tehran,” said Yuri Ushakov, a former ambassador to the United States who advises Putin on foreign policy.
Putin will meet with Ahmadinejad on the sidelines of the 12th Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) summit which will be held on June 6-7 in Beijing. Iran is an observer nation to the SCO. This meeting will be held before world powers gather in Moscow on June 18-19to discuss Iran’s nuclear program.
“We weren’t too happy with the results of the last round of talks, but we determined the mutual readiness to continue the discussion,” Ushakov said. At the Moscow meeting, Russia will “promote the thought that Iran’s right to develop peaceful energy under the oversight of the International Atomic Energy Agency should be approved.”
In Beijing, Putin will also meet with Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai, Ushakov said. Negotiations with Karzai will be “interesting and useful” for both Russia and Afghanistan, he added.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- wanklordIran must go nuclear now00:49, 04/06/2012If something must be criticized about the Iranian regime is their lack of decision to go nuclear, get out of the NPT and remove all IAEA equipment and personnel from the country. Nuclear deterrence works and Democratic People's Republic of Korea is the best example of such policy. Once an underground nuclear test is performed, no country on earth will dare to attack the Islamic Republic -including the illegitimate state of Israel- assuming the consequences of such senseless decision. Moreover, a de-facto nuclear Iran will elicit all countries in the Middle East to acquire nukes, thus mutual assured destruction (MAD) is 100% guaranteed. Guess who are the true losers: the Zionists; these misanthropes will simply abandon the so-called "Promise Land" and return to the countries where they were born. War World III can be averted if Iran goes nuclear now, anything less than that is empty rhetoric, period.
- SirkoTalking to the Wrong People02:07, 05/06/2012You have definitely changed your tune.
On another post you were preaching pro-western nonsense, but I must agree you are dead on with this one. Contrary to Hitlery Clinton and the rest of the western fascists and Zionists, a nuclear Iran will not destabilize the Mid-East. As you pointed out it will create a nuclear umbrella for the weaker Mid-Eastern countries. However, if Ahmadinejad is looking for support then his is talking to the wrong people. A people who have sanctioned the dismemberment of their own country and abandoned millions and millions of their own people cannot help him, unless he is looking for more cheap talk. For, Russia has become the 'Land of Never Never' where yesterdays heroes are today's villains and today's wannabe heroes are very good at incessant rhetoric and talk, talk, talk...
Image Galleries: Humans of Moscow
Infographics: Racing in Sochi