MOSCOW, May 7 (RIA Novosti)
- European Missile Defense System as a New Iron Curtain
- Moscow Sends Missile Message to NATO
- Russia Sees Missile Defense as ‘Space Threat’
- Russia, NATO Missile Talks Reach ‘Dead-End’
Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday urged the Foreign Ministry to stick to the provisions of the new Russia-U.S. Start treaty and push for guaranties that the U.S. missile shield in Europe will not be aimed against national nuclear facilities.
“Proceed from the fact that any negotiations on strategic nuclear weapons cuts are possible only with a view to all of the factors that have influence on the global strategic stability,” Putin said in a decree.
“Consistently maintain Russia’s position towards the creation of global U.S. missile defense system, push for guaranties that it will not be aimed against Russia’s nuclear facilities,” the decree said.
Putin instructed the government to take measures to boost trade and economic cooperation with the United States and support business ties.
The cabinet of ministries was instructed to set forward proposals aimed at further liberalization of the visa regime between the two countries.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- zoran.jelinic(no title)01:03, 08/05/2012Mr.Putin and Russian people, never let that security of Russia and Slav world depend on any kind of guaranties, from anybody and in first place from Anglo-Saxon world. They accept only force, their word without force mean nothing. Russian nuclear weapon is only guarantie that we Slavs will survive as free people.
- SirkoGuaranties Ha...!!!19:19, 08/05/2012"..push for guaranties that it will not be aimed against Russia’s nuclear facilities,”
The only guarantee is superior nuclear teeth and the will to counter anything the fascists do...
- AlexKI agree with Makarov's point of view, we just have to be strong and in advance preventive00:13, 24/05/2012Sorry, if that may cause a third WW, but NATO need to think as any action may bring contr action.
And I will feel sorry for Europians if anything happend ...
Coz they also need to think sometime ...
Image Galleries: Siberian Air Base Gets New Su-30SM Fighter Jets
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.