Topic: Russian space programs
MOSCOW, April 26 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Plans to Bind Satellite to Apophis Asteroid
- Russia, Europe may join forces to protect Earth from asteroids
- Scientists discover 50-km asteroid crater off Australian coast
- 'Dangerous' asteroid safely flies past Earth - astronomer
- Russians looking at stopping Apophis asteroid hit in 2036
- Roscosmos to consider project to save Earth from asteroid
Russia’s Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) has proposed a special federal program to neutralize space threats, Roscosmos deputy head Vyacheslav Davydov said on Thursday.
Threats at the planetary level related to asteroids, comets and space junk necessitates significant financial, intellectual and manufacturing resources to counter through international efforts, he said.
The program should be coordinated by the Russian Academy of Sciences, he added.
“Russia should participate in all the relevant [international] R&D projects on the subject,” Davydov said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Removing Protesters’ Barricades in Kiev
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Some people are trying to make the reality in Russia at least a bit more humane. The amnesty should apply not only to persons involved in high-profile cases, but also to individuals who are not as well-known. It is better to set free at least some of the individuals who deserve to be released than no one at all.