Topic: Russian space programs
MOSCOW, April 26 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia Plans to Bind Satellite to Apophis Asteroid
- Russia, Europe may join forces to protect Earth from asteroids
- Scientists discover 50-km asteroid crater off Australian coast
- 'Dangerous' asteroid safely flies past Earth - astronomer
- Russians looking at stopping Apophis asteroid hit in 2036
- Roscosmos to consider project to save Earth from asteroid
Russia’s Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos) has proposed a special federal program to neutralize space threats, Roscosmos deputy head Vyacheslav Davydov said on Thursday.
Threats at the planetary level related to asteroids, comets and space junk necessitates significant financial, intellectual and manufacturing resources to counter through international efforts, he said.
The program should be coordinated by the Russian Academy of Sciences, he added.
“Russia should participate in all the relevant [international] R&D projects on the subject,” Davydov said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Hungry Hippos, Tiny Tamarins and Other Animal News
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Russia has surged ahead on the foreign policy stage, but this is not enough to remain a great power. The tough-minded policies and masterful diplomacy of Russia’s leadership have maximized the country’s position in the world, and are now the main source of its international influence and prestige. Russia’s foreign policy in the next decade depends entirely on what happens at home.