WASHINGTON, October 25 (RIA Novosti)
- Rasmussen expects missile shield deal with Russia by May
- Lavrov Visit and a New Foundation for U.S.-Russia Cooperation
- Russia and NATO agree to wait until Chicago
- U.S.-Russian relations have been reset. What next?
Data published by the U.S. Department of State on Tuesday indicates that the United States has some 300 more deployed nuclear weapons than Russia.
According to New START Treaty Aggregate Numbers of Strategic Offensive Arms facts sheet, posted on the State Department’s website, the United States has 822 deployed ICBMs, SLBMs, and heavy bombers, while Russia has 516.
Russia is also at a disadvantage in the number of warheads on deployed carriers – 1,566 warheads against 1,790 American warheads.
The New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START), which entered into force on February 5, 2011, commits the United States and the Russian Federation to reduce and limit the number of deployed and non-deployed strategic offensive arms to the agreed aggregate numbers.
Beginning April 6, 2011, inspections under the New START Treaty are regularly conducted in the Russian Federation and the United States with consistent data exchange carried out every six months.
To date, the U.S. has conducted twelve inspections while Russia has conducted eleven inspections. These inspections have taken place at ICBM, SLBM, and heavy bomber bases, storage facilities, conversion or elimination facilities, and test ranges.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- wulfranoI don't understand01:50, 26/10/2011I don't understand why this thermonuclear rivalry between the USA and Russia. Can't we all just be friends, huh?
- living069think again08:28, 27/10/2011i know from a good source that america is lying, they will keep making more missiles while trying to reduce russia's, for gods sake russia, tell them they you are complying while actual increasing, america with it's jews want to rule the world and control all it's resources.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: Sochi Paralympics Medal Count
The project of a Eurasian Union can be considered as a response to the consequences of neo-liberal globalisation, which led to economic and moral decline in the countries forming the Commonwealth of Independent States. It is part of a more general movement in world politics towards regionalisation.