Topic: Yulia Tymoshenko case
UN, October 12 (RIA Novosti)
- Ukraine without Tymoshenko
- Conviction of Tymoshenko politically motivated - White House
- Russia considers Tymoshenko case politicized - Lavrov
- UK deeply concerned by Tymoshenko conviction – Foreign Office
- EU criticizes ‘selective justice’ in Tymoshenko case
- Powerful and stylish Yulia Tymoshenko
- Yulia Tymoshenko during announcement of sentence
- Tymoshenko supporters set up tent city in Kiev
- “Gas case” against Yulia Tymoshenko
- Court “takes Ukraine’s freedom” as Tymoshenko gets 7-year prison term
- Tymoshenko in court thanks her supporters “for their prayers”
- Yulia Tymoshenko on trial for “abuse of office”
United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has expressed his concern over the conviction of former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko, his spokesperson said.
Kiev's Pechersky District Court sentenced Tymoshenko on Tuesday to seven years in prison for abuse of office over her signing of a gas deal with Russia in 2009.
“The Secretary-General has noted the concerns voiced widely regarding the judicial proceedings involving the former Ukrainian Prime Minister and other officials,” Vannina Maestracci, Associate Spokesperson for the Secretary-General, said.
“And the Secretary-General expects the judicial proceedings, currently still ongoing, to be conducted in a fair and impartial manner and to follow due process,” she added.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.