MOSCOW, October 11 (RIA Novosti)
- Tymoshenko sentenced to seven years in abuse of office trial
- No EU associate membership for Ukraine if Tymoshenko convicted - politician
- Ukraine court says Tymoshenko guilty of exceeding powers
- Ukrainian parliament reduces sentences for economic crimes, but rejects 'Tymoshenko bills'
- Some final intrigue in the Tymoshenko trial
Moscow sees an anti-Russian subtext in the case of former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko who was sentenced to seven years in prison for signing “gas contracts” with Russia, the Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
“As a matter of fact, Yulia Tymoshenko was prosecuted for the current, still valid, legally binding agreements between Gazprom and Naftogaz Ukraine,” the ministry said.
It also warned that the verdict must not affect the implementation of bilateral gas agreements.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.