MOSCOW, October 11 (RIA Novosti)
- Tymoshenko sentenced to seven years in abuse of office trial
- No EU associate membership for Ukraine if Tymoshenko convicted - politician
- Ukraine court says Tymoshenko guilty of exceeding powers
- Ukrainian parliament reduces sentences for economic crimes, but rejects 'Tymoshenko bills'
- Some final intrigue in the Tymoshenko trial
Moscow sees an anti-Russian subtext in the case of former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko who was sentenced to seven years in prison for signing “gas contracts” with Russia, the Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
“As a matter of fact, Yulia Tymoshenko was prosecuted for the current, still valid, legally binding agreements between Gazprom and Naftogaz Ukraine,” the ministry said.
It also warned that the verdict must not affect the implementation of bilateral gas agreements.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Oscar de la Renta Creative Genius in Pictures
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
During the 11th Annual Meeting to be held in Sochi from October 22 to 24, experts of the Valdai International Discussion Club will focus on whether the global community will develop ground rules for the world politics or whether it will be a game without any rules where everyone fend for themselves.