Topic: Yulia Tymoshenko case
MOSCOW, October 11 (RIA Novosti)
- Tymoshenko sentenced to seven years in abuse of office trial
- No EU associate membership for Ukraine if Tymoshenko convicted - politician
- Ukraine court says Tymoshenko guilty of exceeding powers
- Ukrainian parliament reduces sentences for economic crimes, but rejects 'Tymoshenko bills'
- Some final intrigue in the Tymoshenko trial
Moscow sees an anti-Russian subtext in the case of former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko who was sentenced to seven years in prison for signing “gas contracts” with Russia, the Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
“As a matter of fact, Yulia Tymoshenko was prosecuted for the current, still valid, legally binding agreements between Gazprom and Naftogaz Ukraine,” the ministry said.
It also warned that the verdict must not affect the implementation of bilateral gas agreements.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: Sledge Hockey
The unconstitutional takeover in Ukraine was the toughest, consistent and so far most effective Western counterattack launched amid the ongoing struggle for a fairer world order. Only the naïve believe that the United States and Europe will willingly share their right to rule the world, though their belief is worthy of respect.