MOSCOW, October 11 (RIA Novosti)
- Tymoshenko sentenced to seven years in abuse of office trial
- No EU associate membership for Ukraine if Tymoshenko convicted - politician
- Ukraine court says Tymoshenko guilty of exceeding powers
- Ukrainian parliament reduces sentences for economic crimes, but rejects 'Tymoshenko bills'
- Some final intrigue in the Tymoshenko trial
Moscow sees an anti-Russian subtext in the case of former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko who was sentenced to seven years in prison for signing “gas contracts” with Russia, the Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
“As a matter of fact, Yulia Tymoshenko was prosecuted for the current, still valid, legally binding agreements between Gazprom and Naftogaz Ukraine,” the ministry said.
It also warned that the verdict must not affect the implementation of bilateral gas agreements.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Any anti-ISIL operation in Iraq cannot be effective unless the Islamic State is attacked in Syria. But the final statement of the Paris Conference did not mention Syria as a precaution against disunity in the coalition and with due regard for the Russian position. Professor of the Chair of Modern East Department of History, Political Science and Law in RSUH