MOSCOW, October 6 (RIA Novosti)
- Paris calls to prevent spread of weapons from Libya
- Russia vows to prevent repetition of ‘Libya scenario’
- NATO'S Libya mission nearly completed - Rasmussen
- Libyan rebels give Sirte residents two days to leave city
- UN Mission in Libya an Attempt to Legitimize NATO Aggression
NATO’s assertions that its Libyan operation Unified Protector has saved the lives of countless civilians are wishful thinking, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Thursday.
Earlier this week, NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen described Unified Protector as great success. "In Libya we and our allies have been remarkably successful - we have saved countless lives and helped the Libyan people take their destiny into their own hands," he said.
“We reject NATO’s dreams that its [military] interference has saved countless lives. It’s all about wishful thinking,” Lavrov said.
NATO launched the operation in March, after the United Nations authorized the use of limited force to protect the civilian population from ongoing clashes between forces loyal to former leader Muammar Gaddafi and rebels seeking his overthrow.
The operation was extended for another 90 days in September. Rasmussen said on Monday NATO will soon complete its mission in Libya.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- p2o2rianA deal with pathetic lier?02:00, 07/10/2011> Earlier this week, NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen described Unified Protector as great success.
And Russia keeps talking about peace, missile shield and future cooperation with NATO with this pathetic NATO's figure?
Does anyone see a sense in this picture? Me not.
P.S. Even political lies on such level have limits. Pardon, had limits, now it is daylight practice on the side of so called "the West".
Erdogan will continue to help consolidate Islam’s influence in public life and use Islam as a political issue. It is hard to say what Turkey will do in the Muslim world, but Erdogan obviously does not need any more turmoil in neighboring countries.