BENGHAZI, September 5 (RIA Novosti)
- Libyan rebels approach stronghold of Gaddafi supporters
- Libyan rebel government to move to Tripoli next week
- Gaddafi vows to fight on
- The hunt for Gaddafi: Where can a dictator seek refuge?
Libya's toppled leader Muammar Gaddafi is sheltering on the outskirts of his hometown, Sirte, an aide to the National Transitional Council's military leader said on Monday.
"We have found out that Gaddafi is now several kilometers southwards of Sirte. He is constantly moving," Anis Sharif said.
He also said that the colonel was probably looking for a corridor to escape to Sabha, one of the few Libyan cities controlled by pro-Gaddafi forces.
"Death, suicide or a trial for Gaddafi - is a matter of time. And he's got little time left," Sharif said.
On Saturday the chairman of the rebel council, Mustafa Abdel Jalil gave a one-week ultimatum to Gaddafi loyalists to leave the cities of Sirte, Sabha and Bani Walid. The ultimatum expires on September 10.
Earlier on Monday rebels said that Gaddafi could be in the besieged city of Bani Walid.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- avatar_singhRussia is reduced to this!01:14, 06/09/201143 of us prepared to board. The rebel then in charge of monitoring our boat checked our identification repeatedly over four hours insisting that no Russians, Serbians or Ukrainians would be allowed to leave. Neither would a Cuban and Ecuadorian citizen. Their countries relations had been too good with Muammar Gaddafi during the crisis.
Finally at about midnight, we were all allowed on, except for one Russian man.
from--Witnessing the Transition to Fear in Tripoli
by Lizzie Phelan
- sagbotgamot(no title)05:08, 06/09/2011meaning Sirte will be wipe out. men, women and children will be burn to death by NATO warplanes and those found alive and wounded... qatari, french and italian mercenaries will be happy to kill them. and then they will show a video showing of a rejoicing "libyans" welcoming the so-called rebels. this pattern has already been established.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: Sochi Paralympics Medal Count
The project of a Eurasian Union can be considered as a response to the consequences of neo-liberal globalisation, which led to economic and moral decline in the countries forming the Commonwealth of Independent States. It is part of a more general movement in world politics towards regionalisation.