MOSCOW, August 26 (RIA Novosti)
- UN warns Libyan rebels not to harm Gaddafi
- Al Qaeda militants 'escape Libyan jails' as Gaddafi regime falls
- UNSC discusses unfreezing Libyan assets
- Russia not invited to Paris talks on Libya - Foreign Ministry
- NATO official says no plans to send troops to Libya
Libyan government troops on Friday shelled the international airport in Tripoli, damaging a plane, al Arabiya reported.
Shootouts are continuing near the airport between rebels and Muammar Gaddafi supporters, the TV channel said.
In the beginning of the week, rebels seized the airport as they were approaching Tripoli.
Armed clashes between Gaddafi loyalists and the rebels have been continuing for six months. The rebels now control 95% of the oil-rich country's territory. In February, they formed a National Transitional Council led by former Justice Minister Mustafa Abdul Jalil. About 45 countries have recognized the legitimacy of the council.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Islamic terrorism is gaining momentum, and is all about ideological opposition to European Christian values. This is an aggressive young radical ideology that attracts followers across the world. And it will only grow stronger on the world political stage.