MOSCOW, August 5 (RIA Novosti)
- A secret plan for Muammar Gaddafi
- Gaddafi says ready to die for Libya's oil
- Gaddafi rejects international recognition of rebels
- Libya Contact Group declares Gaddafi regime illegitimate
- NATO wants UN to help Libya move to democracy - Rasmussen
- NATO says Libya actions in line with Security Council resolution
- Libya: Confrontation on the ground, bombs from the air
- Military operation in Libya: Coalition targets Gaddafi’s military arsenal
- Refugees flee Libya through Benghazi port
- Military operation in Libya
- NATO airstrikes hit Muammar Gaddafi's seat of power
- Moammar Gaddafi spotted in vehicle
- Muammar Gaddafi: "All of the Islamic armies in all places must participate in the battle"
- Gaddafi demands that rebels hand over oil, Benghazi
NATO has underestimated the ability of Muammar Gaddafi's regime to offer resistance to rebel forces assisted by NATO-led air campaign, French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe said.
An international military operation "to protect civilians" in Libya began on March 19 following a UN resolution and has been extended until September.
"We have probably underestimated Gaddafi's forces' resistance, but we are not bogged down," Juppe said on Thursday in an interview broadcast by France 2 television.
The French minister said the coalition will continue to exercise military pressure on Gaddafi's regime.
The uprising which began in mid-February in Libya against Gaddafi's forty-year rule has already claimed thousands of lives, with Gaddafi's troops maintaining their combat capabilities despite NATO airstrikes against them.
France has played a key role in NATO's four-month campaign in Libya.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- ruypenalvaEither that is a lie or...06:21, 05/08/2011Either that is lie or NATO is really a shit unable to evaluate even a small country resistance like Libya.
- cheruskCollapsing and looting Empire10:50, 05/08/2011The museum of Cirene has been looted by the murderous scum armed by the West. Same as the Museum of Baghdad 2003.
It means that the rabble supported by NATO is no more in control of Benghazi and is poised to flee.
- SimbaNATO forgot how to read18:57, 05/08/2011Why not report on how NATO ignored the UN mandate to protect civilians and instead took sides in a conflict, ignored civilian ships fleeing the increased hostilities caused by NATO, allowing many hundreds to die, admitted to going in with the intent to kill Gaddafi and institute regime change.
Image Galleries: Peace March in Moscow
Infographics: One Day Without Gasoline
Any anti-ISIL operation in Iraq cannot be effective unless the Islamic State is attacked in Syria. But the final statement of the Paris Conference did not mention Syria as a precaution against disunity in the coalition and with due regard for the Russian position.