MOSCOW, July 27 (RIA Novosti)
- Norway searches political soul on immigration after Breivik killings
- Norway police search for man compared with murder suspect Breivik
- Breivik had accomplices in Norway and abroad - lawyer
- Norway killer's father wishes his son killed himself
- Utoya Island and the center of Oslo after the bomb attack and the shooting massacre on July 22
- Giant explosion rocks Oslo
- Twin attacks in Norway
- Mass shooting at Norwegian youth camp
- Explosion in central Oslo
- It was like a movie; first minutes after Oslo explosion
- Breivik’s father wishes his son killed himself
- Norwegian attacker was polite and regular guy - neighbor
Anders Behring Breivik, the principal suspect in the twin terror attacks in Norway last Friday, may undergo compulsory medical treatment following a medical examination, a Swedish law expert said on Wednesday.
Lawyer Bernt Birkeland said if the medical exam proves that Breivik was insane, he would be put into a mental institution for compulsory treatment, but if he was mentally stable he could be sentenced to life in prison.
Breivik's lawyer, Geir Lippestad, said on Tuesday that "this whole case indicated that he [Breivik] is insane."
Norwegian Prosecutor Christian Hatlo said on Tuesday that if charged with crimes against humanity, Breivik could face up to 30 years in prison. In line with the laws in Norway, a court's verdict could be revised as many times as possible and therefore the prison sentence could be prolonged as well.
During a closed hearing at a Norwegian court on Monday, Breivik, 32, admitted to carrying out a bombing in Oslo that killed seven people, and a mass shooting at a Labor Party youth camp on the nearby island of Utoya.
Police have now revised the death toll from both attacks from 93 to 76.
The Norwegian telegraph bureau reported on Wednesday that Brevik was a member of a gun club in Oslo between 2005 and 2007 and from June 2010 until recently.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.