MOSCOW, July 9 (RIA Novosti)
- Gaddafi threatens Europe attacks
- France refuses to comment on reports of Gaddafi guarantees
- Gaddafi ready for talks with NATO, opposition - Ilyumzhinov
- NATO will not arrest Gaddafi - official
- Gaddafi could flee Libya in 2-3 weeks - ex-foreign minister
- Stylish Muammar Gaddafi
- Military operation in Libya: Coalition targets Gaddafi’s military arsenal
- Muammar Gaddafi’s colorful outfits
- Gaddafi’s forces clash with rebels in the city of Ras Lanuf
- Libyan Armed Forces
- Military operation in Libya
- NATO airstrikes hit Muammar Gaddafi's seat of power
- Gaddafi defiant as NATO fails to agree on more bombing
Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi on Friday threatened Europe with retaliation for a NATO-led military campaign, saying he will send hundreds of soldiers to launch attacks there.
"Hundreds of Libyans will martyr in Europe," Gaddafi told a multi-thousand-strong crowd in Sabha some 500 miles south of the capital Tripoli in a speech shown on national television, adding that NATO will regret "when the war moves to Europe."
The threat came as insurgents suffered casualties on Friday after a massive attack by NATO aircraft.
Gaddafi pledged to use the "eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth" principle, adding that he and his supporters are ready to "become martyrs and fight until the end."
Libya has been rocked by fighting between pro- and anti-Gaddafi forces since mid-February.
An international military operation in Libya began on March 19, following a UN resolution authorizing countries "to take all necessary measures" to help protect Libyan civilians from attacks by Gaddafi forces, and was extended until late September.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
The unconstitutional takeover in Ukraine was the toughest, consistent and so far most effective Western counterattack launched amid the ongoing struggle for a fairer world order. Only the naïve believe that the United States and Europe will willingly share their right to rule the world, though their belief is worthy of respect.