MOSCOW, June 30 (RIA Novosti)
- Russia may work with UN, AU on Libyan crisis solution - envoy
- Libya to prosecute NATO in international courts
- House votes against U.S. military campaign in Libya
- Gaddafi could flee Libya in 2-3 weeks - ex-foreign minister
African Union Commission Chief Jean Ping condemned on Thursday French arms supply to Libyan rebels, world media said on Thursday.
France has confirmed media reports that it dropped weapons to Berber tribal fighters in mountains southwest of the Libyan capital Tripoli without informing the other coalition countries taking part in a military operation against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi.
"What worries us is not who is giving what, but simply that weapons are being distributed by all parties and to all parties," Ping said ahead of an African Union summit in Equatorial Guinea. "We already have proof that these weapons are in the hands of al-Qaeda, of traffickers. These weapons will contribute to the destabilization of African states."
NATO will not seek to arrest Libyan leader Gaddafi, as it is not within the organization's competence, an official spokeswoman said on Tuesday.
The International Criminal Court (ICC) issued a warrant on Monday for Gaddafi's arrest.
The Hague-based ICC said on Monday it had "reasonable grounds to believe" that Gaddafi ordered the murders and persecution of civilians.
Warrants were also issued for Gaddafi's son, Saif al-Islam, and intelligence chief Abdullah al-Sanussi.
Dmitry Rogozin, Russia’s NATO envoy, criticized certain NATO countries for interfering in Libya.
“Individual NATO countries have basically started giving direct military aid to one of the warring sides,” Rogozin said, adding that this could be qualified as direct interference in an internal conflict.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- V.M.MohanrajNeo0colonialism18:41, 30/06/2011This is blatant interference in the internal affairs of another country. How would have France reacted if some other country had supplied arms to those workers who demonstrated and clashed with the police some months back. Would France supply arms to the demonstrators in Greece? In short, this is naked neo-colonialism.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.