- Ground operation in Libya could start in April - Russian intelligence
- UAE agrees to send 12 planes on Libya mission
- U.S. passes control over Libya no-fly zone to NATO
- Medvedev warns Obama over civilian casualties in Libya (Update 1)
- French fighters shoot down Libyan warplane violating no-fly zone - TV
- Military operation in Libya: Coalition targets Gaddafi’s military arsenal
- Area of Benghazi, Libyan opposition stronghold, after air strikes against forces loyal to Gaddafi
- Libya’s Benghazi under rebel control
- Libyan Armed Forces
- Military operation in Libya
- Western air strikes hit Libya for fifth night
- US warplane crashed near Benghazi in Libya
Two Qatari Mirage interceptor fighters took part on Friday in the UN mission to enforce a no-fly zone over Libya, the French Defence Ministry said.
Along with Qatar - the first Arab country to take part in the operation - the United Arab Emirates will send 12 warplanes to support the international coalition in Libya, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said earlier in the day.
French military command said that about 30 French aircraft had taken part in the operation in the past 24 hours.
The UN Security Council imposed a no-fly zone over Libya on March 17, and permitted "all necessary measures" to protect civilians from Libyan leader's Muammar Gaddafi's attacks on rebel-held towns.
The military operation in Libya, codenamed Odyssey Dawn, has been conducted so far jointly by 13 states, including the United States, Britain and France.
PARIS, March 25 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Sevastopol became Russia’s main naval base on the Black Sea, a role it was to play for many years. A total of 25,000 servicemen, not including civilian staff, are employed at the Black fleet’s facilities. When the families of these servicemen are taken into account, this figure grows to more than 100,000 people.