Topic: Political crisis in Egypt
New Egyptian Prime Minister Essam Sharaf addresses thousands of demonstrators in Cairo's Tahrir Square© AFP 2014/ STR
- Egyptian military want people to hand back stolen secret files
- Former Egyptian interior minister goes on trial on corruption charges
- Egypt to hold referendum on amending constitution March 19
- Egyptian prime minister resigns, ex-transport minister to form new government
- Egyptian capital after Mubarak's resignation
- Anti-government protests in Egypt
- Unrest in Arab countries
- Egyptians flee Libya in buses, cars and on foot
- Crowds react with anger as Egyptian President retains position
- Exclusive interview with Egyptian opposition Youth Group leader
- Uprisings in Egypt may be orchestrated by the Americans – expert
- Mubarak’s speech leads to new clashes in Egypt
Egypt's new Prime Minister Essam Sharaf announced on Sunday a new lineup of the Cabinet, which will take the oath to the Supreme Council running the country on Monday.
The government reshuffles have mostly affected the foreign, interior and justice ministries. Defense sector, energy and environment ministers have kept their positions as they were under ousted President Hosni Mubarak, who stepped down upon street protests on February 11.
On Thursday, then prime minister, Ahmed Shafik, quit following days of youngster demonstrations, which associated him with the Mubarak regime. Sharaf, the new premier, had been among the protesters on Tahrir Square before Mubarak resigned.
On March 19, Egyptian authorities will hold a referendum on constitutional amendments. The country will elect parliament in June and president in August-September. Then the military, the Supreme Council, will pass over their authority to the newly elected civilian leadership.
CAIRO, March 6 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.