- Shark attacks: Provoked by humans or ecosystem changes?
- Russians wary of vacationing in Egypt following shark attacks (Update 1)
- Egyptian Tourism Ministry closes all beaches after shark kills another tourist
- Egypt moves to improve tourist safety following shark attacks
- Egypt hopes shark incidents will not affect tourist flow
Private tourist companies in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el Sheikh will pay $50,000 in compensation to each of the Russian tourists recently attacked by sharks in the area, a spokesman for the country's tourism ministry said on Thursday.
An elderly German woman was killed in one attack and three Russians and a Ukrainian were badly injured in other.
"The payment will be made by private Egyptian companies, such as hotels and diving clubs, not the ministry of tourism," the spokesman said.
Following the attacks, the Egyptian Tourism Ministry closed all beaches in the resort.
On Tuesday, the Egyptian authorities allowed highly-trained divers to snorkel in some areas of the resort.
CAIRO, December 9 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Islamic terrorism is gaining momentum, and is all about ideological opposition to European Christian values. This is an aggressive young radical ideology that attracts followers across the world. And it will only grow stronger on the world political stage.