- Putin says Russia needs major health care reform, pledges initial investment of over $10 bln (UPDATE 1)
- Russia needs to start large-scale health care reform in 2011 - Putin
- Russian Health Ministry puts $66,000 price tag on life
- Russian health officials urge tobacco smokers to quit bad habit on May 31
- Russia to adopt mandatory warning labels on cigarettes
Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin will participate in the 60th session of the UN World Health Organization's Regional Committee for Europe on Monday, the government press service said.
The Soviet Union was one of the cofounders of WHO and the European Committee is one of six regional departments of the UN organization, which unites 53 nations with a total population of 780 million.
The session's agenda includes issues on developing health systems in Europe and beyond, as well as the perspectives of strategic partnership, conceptual bases for developing strategic partnerships and national strategies, and programs and plans in health systems.
The session will be held September 13-16 in Moscow.
MOSCOW, September 12 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: Sledge Hockey
For Russia, Crimea is more than just a territory. It is not for land that Russia is putting all her prestige at stake. This situation is about wounded national pride, history, identity, national phobias, a new Russian nationalism, past relations with the “West” full of real and perceived injuries, and Western hypocrisy.