BREAKING NEWS: Personnel From 6 Armored Transport Vehicles Sent To Kramatorsk In East Ukraine Switch To Side Of Pro-Federalist Activists
The personnel of six armored transport vehicles sent to the eastern Ukrainian city of Kramatorsk has switched sides and has joined the pro-federalist activists, witnesses told RIA Novosti on Wednesday.
- Russian Air Force to Receive 16 New MiG Fighters
- Army Attacks Protesters in Eastern Ukraine, First Wounded Reported
- 4 Protesters Killed in Army Attack on Airfield in Eastern Ukraine
- Russia Tests-Fires Yars Ballistic Missile
- Ukraine on Verge of Civil War – Russia’s Medvedev
- Russia Halts Handover of Arms to Ukraine to Prevent Civilian Bloodshed
One item was very different from the others at a recent exhibit on Soviet participation in the Winter Olympic Games. Amid Central Committee documents and photos of gold medal-winning athletes was a letter written in a child's scrawl.
This article is an opinion piece. See note at bottom of text.
What do you get when you cross 3,000 of the world’s fittest athletes in a strange city with free alcohol and smartphones? Evidently, a lot of people revved up on hormones looking for ways to link up with fun-loving new friends.
As throngs of Olympic tourists dragging heavy suitcases rushed to airports and train stations on Monday, Sochi reassumed its role of a small resort city glistening by the sea - a bit bedraggled, but bursting with pride over its handling of the Winter Games.