The European Union has failed again to break the vicious circle of sanction mentality by refusing to lift the current sanctions against Russia over Ukraine, Russia's Ambassador to the European Union Vladimir Chizhov said Tuesday.
The United States must stay engaged with Russia and China as both countries define their regional interests, US Deputy Secretary of Defense Robert Work said at the Council on Foreign Relations on Tuesday.
- Ukraine’s People’s Republics Rule Out Political Union With Kiev: Reports
- Russia, France May Sign Transfer Act for Mistral Warship This Fall: Official
- Expert: Islamic State Threat Is An Excuse for Attacking Syria
- EU Ambassadors Approve of Keeping Sanctions Against Russia: Reports
- Obama: There Will Be No War Between NATO and Russia
- Russia Submits Questions on MH17 Crash to UN Security Council
The President of the state-run monopoly Russian Railways, Vladimir Yakunin, spoke to Rossiya Segodnya on Friday, touching on subjects including the ongoing crisis in Ukraine and its effect on the company, the new round of Western-imposed sanctions, exciting new projects which are being undertaken by the railway giant, and more. The head of the multi-billion dollar company noted that while recent sanctions may have affected his options when it comes to tourism, cooperation with Western partners continues.
The Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (PRUE) is introducing several new degree programs this academic year. In an interview with Rossiya Segodnya, the university’s Vice Principal, Leonid Bragin, talks student exchange programs, dual degrees and teaching in English.