MOSCOW, May 24 (RIA Novosti)
Dynamo Moscow is not looking at candidates to replace coach Sergei Silkin and there will be a decision on his future within a week, club vice-president Yuri Lyubimov told RIA Novosti on Thursday.
Former youth coach Silkin led Dynamo to a fourth-place finish in 2011-12, his first season in charge, but the end of the season was marred by a slide down the table from second, defeat to Rubin Kazan in the Russian Cup final and reports of feuds with senior players Igor Semshov and Andriy Voronin.
Silkin was contracted until the end of the season, and a raft of Russian and foreign coaches have been linked with his job, including former Chelsea defender Dan Petrescu, now coaching Russian side FC Kuban.
“No other candidates whatsoever, apart from Silkin, are yet being considered,” Lyubimov said.
“Silkin has fulfilled his task.”
The club had earlier announced Silkin’s future would be decided at a board meeting Thursday, but Lyubimov said the issue would now be settled by the end of the month.
Silkin played for Dynamo between 1983 and 1989 and coached at the club’s youth academy and with the reserve team before taking over as head coach in April 2011 after Miodrag Bozovic left.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.