MOSCOW, June 25 (RIA Novosti)
- Two Russians May Face Death Penalty in Indonesia Over Drugs
- No Clean Needles for Russian Addicts – Drug Official
- Russian Heroin Market Worth $6 Bln – Drug Police
- Russia Steps Up Fight Against Drugs – U.S. Report
- Russia Introduces Life Sentence for Drug Dealers
The rampant drug abuse in modern Russia can be traced to the Beatles and their experiments with psychedelics, the country’s top substance abuse official said on Monday.
“After the Beatles traveled to Indian ashrams to expand their consciousness, they introduced the idea of changing your mental condition through drugs to the populace,” Yevgeny Bryun said.
“When business understood that you can sell it all – pleasure and things that accompany it – this was when it all started,” said Bryun, who oversees anti-drug and alcoholism efforts at the Health Ministry.
Modern advertising is actively promoting various “pleasures,” including drugs, undermining all medics’ efforts to the contrary, Bryun said at a press conference in Moscow.
Media should put more effort into anti-drug campaigns and promotion of healthy lifestyle, he said.
Russia has about 5 million drug addicts, a 60-percent increase from 2000, Federal Drug Control Service head Viktor Ivanov said in February.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- PETEPETEPETEBeatles were fabricated.21:32, 25/06/2012The Beatles and the whole "1960's" thing were a total artificial fabrication. The "Question Authority!" motto was really made by Authority, the "Against The Man" motto was really made by The Man. If you notice, almost all "rebellious" attitudes and ideologies never had any problem getting massive exposure from medias, publishing business, etc, etc.
Most people don't know this, Jim Morrison's father was Admiral George Morrison the guy who was commanding the american fleet during the Gulf of Tonkin "incident". Father major figure in starting the war, son a major figure in the anti-war movement. Isn't that something?
The "Gorki Plant" in the USSR manufactured 70% of all the North-Vietnamese military trucks during the Vietnam war...it was built by Ford in the 1930's and while the Vietnam war was raging the US "capitalists" were sending the very latest industrial equipment to this factory just as they have been doing since the 1930's, this is just a small example. The American owned factories operated by the Nazis that escaped almost all the Allied bombings is already a well known fact.
This is how they work...it's called "Hegelian-dialectic"..."thesis-><-antithesis = synthesis"