Topic: 2014 Winter Olympics
- Norway Wins Women’s Cross-Country Ski Sprint at Sochi Olympics
- Sweden Clinches 3rd Straight Win in Curling Prelims as Canada Stumbles
- Canada’s Howell Goes Big to Win First Olympic Ski Slopestyle Gold
- Poland’s Stoch Soars to Win Sochi Olympic Ski Jumping Gold
- Openly Gay Ski Jump Medal Contender Says Sochi Protests a Waste of Time
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia, February 11 (R-Sport) – Norway won two cross-country sprint skiing gold medals in the space of 10 minutes Tuesday as Ola Vigen Hattestad won a crash-marred men’s final after Maiken Caspersen Falla took women’s gold.
Hattestad took the gold by 1.22 seconds from Sweden’s Teodor Petersson. The two had been in a race of their own after the other four in the final were wiped out by crashes.
Another Swede, Emil Joensson, eventually trailed over the line to claim the bronze medal, 19.74 seconds off the pace.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: Sledge Hockey
The unconstitutional takeover in Ukraine was the toughest, consistent and so far most effective Western counterattack launched amid the ongoing struggle for a fairer world order. Only the naïve believe that the United States and Europe will willingly share their right to rule the world, though their belief is worthy of respect.