Topic: 2014 Winter Olympics
- Norway Wins Women’s Cross-Country Ski Sprint at Sochi Olympics
- Sweden Clinches 3rd Straight Win in Curling Prelims as Canada Stumbles
- Canada’s Howell Goes Big to Win First Olympic Ski Slopestyle Gold
- Poland’s Stoch Soars to Win Sochi Olympic Ski Jumping Gold
- Openly Gay Ski Jump Medal Contender Says Sochi Protests a Waste of Time
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia, February 11 (R-Sport) – Norway won two cross-country sprint skiing gold medals in the space of 10 minutes Tuesday as Ola Vigen Hattestad won a crash-marred men’s final after Maiken Caspersen Falla took women’s gold.
Hattestad took the gold by 1.22 seconds from Sweden’s Teodor Petersson. The two had been in a race of their own after the other four in the final were wiped out by crashes.
Another Swede, Emil Joensson, eventually trailed over the line to claim the bronze medal, 19.74 seconds off the pace.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Any anti-ISIL operation in Iraq cannot be effective unless the Islamic State is attacked in Syria. But the final statement of the Paris Conference did not mention Syria as a precaution against disunity in the coalition and with due regard for the Russian position. Professor of the Chair of Modern East Department of History, Political Science and Law in RSUH