Topic: 2014 Winter Olympics
- Norway Wins Women’s Cross-Country Ski Sprint at Sochi Olympics
- Sweden Clinches 3rd Straight Win in Curling Prelims as Canada Stumbles
- Canada’s Howell Goes Big to Win First Olympic Ski Slopestyle Gold
- Poland’s Stoch Soars to Win Sochi Olympic Ski Jumping Gold
- Openly Gay Ski Jump Medal Contender Says Sochi Protests a Waste of Time
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia, February 11 (R-Sport) – Norway won two cross-country sprint skiing gold medals in the space of 10 minutes Tuesday as Ola Vigen Hattestad won a crash-marred men’s final after Maiken Caspersen Falla took women’s gold.
Hattestad took the gold by 1.22 seconds from Sweden’s Teodor Petersson. The two had been in a race of their own after the other four in the final were wiped out by crashes.
Another Swede, Emil Joensson, eventually trailed over the line to claim the bronze medal, 19.74 seconds off the pace.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.