Topic: Crimea’s Fate
- Crimea Referendum Without Major Problems – Observers
- Crimea Referendum Website Hit by Cyber Attack
- Polls Open in Crimea for Secession Referendum
- Russia Vetoes UN Resolution on Ukraine’s Crimea
- Putin Tells UN Chief That Crimea Referendum Legal
MOSCOW, March 17 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday will address an assembly of both houses of parliament, as well as heads of regions and representatives of public organizations about the request by Ukraine’s Crimea to become part of Russia, the Kremlin said Monday.
The referendum in the autonomous republic within Ukraine, which was held on Sunday amid an ongoing political crisis in the country, is at the center of the most serious geopolitical showdown between Russia and the West since the end of the Cold War.
With 100 percent of the ballots counted, some 96.7 percent of voters in Crimea backed reunification with Russia after 60 years as part of Ukraine.
Crimea’s regional assembly, which ignored an order to dissolve itself by the Ukrainian parliament Saturday, plans to send a formal request to Moscow to join Russia on Monday.
The Russian parliament is expected to announce its decision on Crimea’s fate in the near future, the deputy speaker of the State Duma, Russia’s lower house of parliament, said Monday.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- Mikhail1228The EU and US have unleashed Frankenstein's monster!16:07, 17/03/2014The Western news media is all lies, misinformation, half truths and fabrications. The West says the Crimean referendum is illegal because of the constitution. There is no constitution as when armed neo nazi thugs took over the government by force this act was unconstitutional! Victoria Nuland was overheard on a taped phone call orchestrating regime change. Furthermore 5 billion US dollars was spent paying for this regime change. The UK's George Galloway said that the coup plotters in the US and EU gave protesters $50 dollars a day to promulgate violence against police, government officials and government buildings in Kiev. If anything is illegal its the meddling and interference of the US and EU in a sovereign countries internal affairs! As MP George Galloway said, the EU has unleashed Frankenstein's monster in Kiev by going to bed with the neo nazi's to overthrow a legitimately elected President and government!
- Mikhail1228UK’s MP George Galloway16:46, 17/03/2014UK’s MP George Galloway- West has unleashed Frankenstein’s monster