Topic: Protests in Syria
US Secretary State John Kerry© AFP 2013/ Brendan Smialowski
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov© REUTERS/ Sergei Karpukhin
- US ‘Blackmails’ Russia over Syria Resolution – Lavrov
- US Prepared to Strike Syria if UN Deal Falls Short – Official
- Kerry Shoots Down Russia’s Syrian Chemical Attack Claims
- Lavrov, Kerry Discuss Syria Crisis – Ministry
MOSCOW, September 22 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov held talks by telephone with US Secretary State John Kerry on Sunday over the international efforts to implement the Syrian chemical weapons agreement, the ministry said.
“On the initiative of the United States, Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and US Secretary State John Kerry had a phone conversation. They were discussing the implementation of the Russia-US agreement to place Syria’s chemical weapons under international control,” the ministry said in a statement without giving any further details.
The landmark US-Russia deal reached earlier this month is expected to see all chemical weapons in war-torn Syria brought under international control and destroyed by mid-2014.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- zapeepastill after one person00:15, 23/09/2013The west in general us in particular going after one person Saddam Gaddafi Arrafat Assad now and they are not going to change this dictated and implemented by Israel .To accomplish the wish list they kill million of people in the way. In order to rescue people from chemo we kill them by depleted Uranium or Napalm.
Iran has been a central Russian ally in the Middle East, despite considerable tensions between the two. But by renewing dialogue with the West, the new Iranian leadership has chosen another direction. The shifting terrain in the region creates new strategic, political and economic challenges for Russia.