Topic: Protests in Syria
- Putin Aide Denies Anti-Assad Deal With Saudi Arabia
- With Geneva-2 Stalled, Russia Mulls Syria Talks in Moscow – Lavrov
- Syria Rebel Leaders Hold Talks at UN, Urge Russia to End Assad Support
- Moscow Not Taking Sides in Syrian Conflict – Foreign Minister
MOSCOW, September 9 (RIA Novosti) – Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov indirectly denied Monday that Moscow was considering a secret deal on Syria with Saudi Arabia, a vehement enemy of the Syrian regime.
“There can be no deals behind the back of the Syrian people in terms of the policies espoused by Russia,” Lavrov said when asked about the reported Saudi arrangement at a press conference following his meeting with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem.
Unconfirmed media reports claimed in August that Riyadh had offered Moscow arms deals worth $15 billion and guarantees of safety from Islamist attacks during the upcoming 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi in exchange for Russia not blocking an international military operation against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- moistAnything is possible...12:19, 10/09/2013...With US and the Saudi despots blessings, Bandar-Bush set off to Moscow with threats and confirmations that he controls Al-Qaeda and their Chechen franchise. Roumor has it that Russia of course didn´t take those threats lightly and worked out a plan to take out Saudi Arabia, should US and israel proceed with their plan to wipe out Syria, Hezbolla and Iran. The war party are about to sink the western economy anyway but such a plan would make it permanent...
- arsanlupinWhat is more delusional?22:17, 10/09/2013That the Saudi royal family would stoop to bribery AND extortion against Russia for this? Or a moldy drug-dazed troll combined some of his usual psychotic rantings with such ridiculous conspiracy theory “roumors” to slap together a patty of some of the manure he’s squatting in?
The latter has certainly happened a lot, lately ...
This troll knows absolutely nothing of Russia OR the USA, and not much more about the rest of the world. His moldy little pea-brain is so poisoned by mindless hatred and vitriolic anger towards people and countries he knows nothing about that he lives his life trying to hurl vindictive little attempts at insults at his imaginary enemies – in their language of course, as using his own language (Arabic? Farsi?) would never be seen by them. You are a pitiful little creature living a pitiful little life. For your own sake, and for the sake of the human gene pool you are infecting, I strongly urge you to perform the seppuku ritual at once.
- LocoIvanJust saying,01:56, 11/09/2013It is difficult to believe that the Saudis would drop that much coin on Russian equipment after witnessing the aftermath of Schwarzkopf.
‘Or a moldy drug-dazed troll combined some of his usual psychotic rantings with such ridiculous conspiracy theory “roumors” to slap together a patty of some of the manure he’s squatting in?’
Niice! A befittingly accurate characterization, indeed.
Strangely enough, his lying cohort, bielec, whom shares the same trollish attributes, has been suspiciously absent these last few days. It’s probably the result of proving him a LIAR in regards to his ridiculous assertion in the article below:
'US, Russia Divided on Syria as G20 Summit Ends'; 07/09/2013
Hopefully, it is back on its selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and returns to the fray.
New ties between Russia and Japan would mark not only a breakthrough in their relations but also a significant shift in Northeast Asia’s political dynamic. Both are secondary players in a region overshadowed by an increasingly assertive China, which has not hesitated to push against the boundaries of its neighbors.