Topic: Protests in Syria
- EU Ministers Call For ‘Clear and Firm' Response Over Syria - Reports
- Germany Joins Supporters of Declaration For Action Against Syria - Minister
- US Plans ‘Significantly Larger’ Strike on Syria – Reports
- International Community Is ‘Stuck’ Over Syria – Obama
MOSCOW, September 8 (RIA Novosti) – Russia’s Emergency Situations Ministry has sent a plane to Syria for citizens willing to leave the war-torn country, a spokeswoman said Sunday.
“An Il-76 plane took off for Latakia on Sunday morning. The plane will carry both Russians and citizens of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) from Syria,” emergencies ministry spokeswoman Irina Rossius said.
Late last month, nearly 90 people, mostly women and children, returned to Moscow from Syria onboard the Ilyushin Il-62 plane. The plane took off from Latakia, a major port city in Syria’s northwest.
Almost 730 citizens of Russia and other former Soviet republics have fled civil war in Syria on Emergencies Ministry planes since January, the ministry said in August.
The unrest in Syria began in March 2011 and later escalated into a civil war. More than 100,000 people have been killed in the conflict so far, according to UN estimates.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- robin29Lynch16:38, 08/09/2013The USA has declared itself the defender of justice exactly like the western films. The USA is taking over the management of the UN by exercising a coup backed by its military power. So history confirms again what has always been a saying in poor countries: “The law is applied to the enemies and interpreted for the friends” This saying can only be possible because there is no way to punish the abuser; because the abuser has the military power to smash those that dare to complain or to opposes.
What the USA is doing is asking for support to perform a lynching (that is by definition illegal) against a country without being judged first by a court (international). Obama expects to be remembered in history as the first black president to order an attack (lynch) against a country and kill along the way 10-times more of the 300-1500 Syrian shown on YouTube. So this president is “punishing” the Syrians by killing more Syrians. Where is the logic?
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.