- Putin to Meet With UK PM Cameron on May 10
- Putin Praises Talks with Cameron
- Putin Lands in London for Cameron Talks, Judo
- Putin: Sochi 2014 Corruption Fears Won't Impact Games
- Sochi 2014 Roads 77% Complete - Official
- Dmitry Medvedev visits construction site of Sochi ski resort
- Vladimir Putin inspects Sochi Olympic facilities
- Sochi Olympics Ticket Prices
- Hotel Prices in Sochi for the 2014 Olympic and Paralympics Games
- Style of Sochi Olympic Games
- Fireworks Light Sochi Skies Year Ahead of Olympics
- World’s Longest Bobsleigh and Skeleton Course Tested in Sochi
- Sochi prepares to surprise the world in 2014
BOCHAROV RUCHEI, SOCHI, May 10 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin has offered visiting British Prime Minister David Cameron a tour of the Olympic venues being readied in Sochi for the 2014 Winter Olympics.
“If there is time, I would like to show you how we are preparing for the 2014 Olympic Games,” Putin said at the start of his meeting with Cameron.
“I recall how you kindly accompanied me to a judo match in London, and today I would like to respond in kind by showing you the venues for the 2014 Olympics,” Putin said.
British Prime Minister David Cameron is in Russia for talks with President Putin about a range of issues, although it is expected that Syria, which has been one particular area of policy divergence between the two countries, is likely to top the agenda.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.