- Meteorite Hits Central Russia, Hurting Hundreds
- Russian Meteorite Not Asteroid Debris – Space Agency
- Meteorite Wreaks Havoc Across Russia's Regions
- Some 400 Injured in Russian Meteor Shower
MOSCOW, February 15 (RIA Novosti) – Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests.
“Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists several hours after the Emergencies Ministry began issuing statements on the incident, which has injured hundreds and damaged scores of buildings.
He also said US Secretary of State John Kerry had wanted to warn Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov about the “provocation” on Monday, but couldn’t reach him – a reference to US State Department comments earlier this week that Kerry had spent several days trying to speak to Lavrov by phone to discuss North Korea and Syria.
Outer space has its own laws, Zhirinovsky went on.
“Nothing will ever fall out there,” he said. “If [something] falls, it’s people doing that. People are the instigators of wars, the provocateurs.”
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- moistGiven that Kursk..17:42, 15/02/2013...the submarine most likely was sunk by those American warships Russia chased down the coast of Norway, some may be inclined to believe even a buffoon like this.
But not even the coward western fascists would be stupid enough to do anything like this, as the early reports suggests, it was a meteorite shot to pieces by the Russian air defences (good and swift job indeed) the small and limited EMP as well as the unusual bright white light reported in the area also suggest that the missile intercepting it was a nuclear tipped one, hence the radiation teams securing the area. NATO kriegsfuherer Anders Foggy Ratmussen should take note...
- arsanlupinSomeone is eating magic mushrooms again …19:36, 16/02/2013Dear Moldy: if you are entering a contest to see who can exceed the aforementioned buffoon in outrageous, outlandish, and fantastic rants of foolishness, I assure you that YOU are far and away MUCH more nuts even than he is. Fortunately for Russia, there is no way in hell YOU are Russian; the real Russians would have smothered you with a pillow at birth.
The Russian submarine K-141 is involved in training maneuvers with three other attack subs and the cruiser Peter the Great when a practice torpedo’s propellant caught fire, causing the propellant of all the other torpedoes to explode. Even the Russian government reports this. Only a conspiracy theorist using strong hallucinogens would dream up the fantasy that NATO ships were involved.
That same Russian government also reported that the white flash and explosion was that of a meteorite weighing about 10 tons entering the atmosphere at about 8 km/sec and exploding over the Chelyabinsk region, showering the area with fragments. Because the object came from outside the atmosphere, no air defenses could have detected it in time to react, even if any were in a region so far from any borders. There was no missile; it exploded from the heat of atmospheric entry.
The next time you imbibe your magic mushrooms, please try to spare the public of your rants – you seem to be getting more and more brain-fried every time you post your drivel.
- moistYawn, our israeli spammer...22:40, 16/02/2013...Arse-lupin is at it again with pure fantasies collected under heavy influence of dingleberries from various Zionazi sources.
Amazing. Are they getting paid for this nonsense or is it just loyalty to the tribe? Again: Yawn...
- arsanlupinApparently moist is beyond mold and mildew both ...08:38, 17/02/2013Your use of Western slang shows you to be even more hypocritical then was previously imagined. That pegs you even more as a stranger in whatever Western land you live in – you sit in your little corner and cannot be happy unless you spout some nonsensical hatred towards whatever your hallucinogenic-soaked brain decides to rant against. Have you considered moving back to whatever feces-filled hovel your litter originated from? Perhaps you will feel happier there – you can froth at the mouth and rant all you want at all the imaginary demons your diseased little pea-brain can dream up.
I disagreed with your idiotic rants with documented facts – almost all of which the Russian government’s own news agencies reported! When you insult and offend my attempt to post the facts, you are basically calling the Russian government a liar for agreeing with me! The most pitiful part of all this is that you have no idea the breathtaking magnitude with which you are making a complete horse’s ass of yourself, by doing so.
When a person accuses another of being a part of some mythical conspiracy, simply because they disagree with them – especially when they are accused of being paid to disagree – that is when you know the accuser is completely out of any rational reasons for disagreements. The accuser’s initial arguments are so thoroughly destroyed by FACTS that even the accuser cannot come up with any response better than to say “Oh, they (insert mythical bogeyman of the day here) are paying you to say that!!!”
- alexk2(no title)19:56, 17/02/2013http://ozhouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/double_facepalm.jpg
Image Galleries: Removing Protesters’ Barricades in Kiev
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Edward Snowden is not an isolated case but part of an independent community which is increasingly resolute in asserting itself and rejecting “raison d’Etat” and behind-the-scenes manipulation. The direct results of Snowden’s disclosures are most clearly evident in the context of Russian-American relations. The Snowden case has humiliated Europe, which Putin took the opportunity to remind them of.