MOSCOW, October 25 (RIA Novosti)
- Pirates Steal Oil, Free Russian Tanker Crew
- Maritime Trade Unions Urge UN to Tackle Piracy Problem
- Nigerian Pirates Release Two Russian Sailors
- Somali pirates release Indian oil tanker with 21 crew
- Nigeria pirates release Halifax oil tanker
Six Russian sailors who were kidnapped off the Nigerian coast are in good health and are being treated “normally” by their captors, a Russian diplomat in Nigeria said on Thursday.
“According to the ship’s owner, the sailors are being kept together, they feel well and are being treated normally,” said Alexander Chernov, Russia’s charge d’affaires ad interim in Nigeria.
The Bourbon Liberty 249 tugboat, owned by French company Bourbon, was attacked by gunmen in Nigerian territorial waters on October 15. The pirates took the senior crew members hostage - six Russians and one Estonian - evidently for ransom.
Nine sailors, whose nationalituies were not disclosed, managed to escape.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.