Topic: Punk Group Pussy Riot Case
MOSCOW, October 18 (RIA Novosti)
- Pussy Riot’s Samutsevich: ‘For Me, Russia Is Like A Big Prison’
- Pussy Riot Seek Deferred Sentence
- Pussy Riot Denied Request to Serve Sentence in Moscow
- Pussy Riot Member Freed by Moscow Court
- One Pussy Riot Member Freed on Appeal, Two Stay Jailed
- Pussy Riot Shortlisted for Sakharov Prize
A member of the anti-Putin punk group Pussy Riot has lodged a complaint with a German media watchdog against the daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung (FAS) for spreading rumors and lies about her, the epd news agency said.
The German Council for the Press confirmed that it received the complaint from Nadezhda Tolokonnikova, 22, filed on her behalf by her lawyer, Mark Feigin.
In an article published on August 25, FAS alleged in particular that Tolokonnikova had dropped her daughter from a computer table, suggesting that she was a bad mother, Feigin said.
The paper also compared the art group Voina (War), of which Tolokonnikova was a member, to the Red Army Faction, a leftist terrorist organization, thus equating her with terrorists.
Pussy Riot acts have never involved any violence, Feigin said.
There has been no comment from FAS yet.
The German media watchdog is to decide in early December whether to accept the complaint for consideration.
Three female members of the Pussy Riot punk group were jailed for two years on August 17, after a court found them guilty of “hooliganism with the aim of inciting religious hatred” in a decision that drew sharp international criticism.
Lawyers for the group have rejected the argument that the group’s 40-second performance of a song entitled “Holy S**t” was anti-religion, saying it was a protest against the Orthodox Church’s support for Vladimir Putin ahead of the presidential elections on March 4.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- gunshipdemocracyreligious h8ter and b@th of a mother16:59, 18/10/2012what a perfect combination for spreading "euro-american values" LMAO
- Wolfgang9$$$18:44, 18/10/2012I guess she wants to have some bucks:-) Now that the NGOs don't deliver anymore for bullsh.t art which was called "holy". We can kick her ass if she tries to come over here!
Image Galleries: This Week in Pictures
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize