ST. PETERSBURG, June 4 (RIA Novosti)
- Putin Slams EU Visas, Wants Stronger EU
- Putin, EU Leaders to Hold Talks in St. Petersburg
- Russian Lower House May Ratify WTO Accession Packet by July 20
- WTO Membership Will Help Modernize Economy – Putin
Russia cannot agree with the requirements stated in the new EU Cooperation Agreement as they exceed the commitments undertaken by Russia when it entered the World Trade Organization, Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Monday.
“It's no secret that during the negotiation process our European colleagues raised questions and advanced requirements that, in our view, exceed the commitments undertaken by Russia during its accession to the WTO,” Putin said.
“We called this approach ‘WTO Plus.’ So far, we cannot agree with these agreements,” the president added.
He emphasized that Russia has just finished its WTO accession negotiations. “But we [the WTO members] listen to each other, understand each other, and will painstakingly discuss these problems on a professional level,” he said.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- SirkoWTO...Another American WART on the Face of Humanity..18:28, 04/06/2012“But we [the WTO members] listen to each other, understand each other, and will painstakingly discuss these problems on a professional level,” Did other members have to give up similar concessions?
They will suck Russia dry....
The main event of the third day of the 11th meeting of the Valdai International Discussion Club in Sochi was the closing session with President Vladimir Putin. The atmosphere was calm and open, despite the current political tensions and the Russia-West confrontation. The Russian president said that it corresponded to the spirit of the Valdai Club.