Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has established a commission to investigate the incident with the Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft© RIA Novosti. Ekaterina Shtukina
Russia’s Sukhoi Superjet-100 dissappeared from radar screens during a demonstration flight near Jakarta with 50 people© RIA Novosti. Grigoriy Sysoev
MOSCOW, May 10 (RIA Novosti)
- Rain, Darkness Complicate Search of Russian Missing Plane
- Russian Plane with 44 on Board Missing in Indonesia
- UAC to Fix Superjet Problems After Emergency Landing
- Russia to Export 10 Sukhoi Superjet 100s in 2012
Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has established a commission to investigate the incident with the Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft that went missing in Indonesia on Wednesday, the government press service reported.
The Industry and Trade Ministry’s Yury Slyusar will head the commission, which also comprises Foreign Ministry and United Aircraft Corporation officials.
The jet disappeared from radar screens during a demonstration flight near Jakarta with 50 people, mainly foreigners, on board. Indonesian authorities suggested the airplane may have been hijacked or crashed into a mountain in poor visibility.
A search operation is underway.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- mrethiopianLook at picture03:04, 10/05/2012Look at this picture of the jet on take-off, you can see a door open on the bottom right side of the jet - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/russian-jet-missing-in-indonesian-mountains-fears-for-50-passengers-on-board/story-e6frg95x-1226351622220
- lmSavings in the bank to use later on Russia.10:23, 10/05/2012My condolences go out to does that have perished and may they rest in peace.
However Russia does not see the long term damage they have done to their aircraft industry by cooperating to such an extent with building this plane. One day when the Kremlin does not toe the West line they will use this to corner Russia by telling the Kremlin you cannot sell this plane because it has US and EU parts on it in such, we have sanctions with this country or countries so it is forbidden to sell this plane to them. But the EU and US will sell their plane to the same sanction countries thru the back door leaving Russia out in the cold.
Russia should and must take this seriously because the West has done it before and will do it again, these people are smart they use Russia ever inflicted mental slavery that they are inferior in engineering and need help from the West to build a plane they know, all Russia is interested in is that the plane is label (MADE IN RUSSIA) only looking on one side of the coin.
Russia is in for a long game of deceit from the West.
- lmKnocking down Russia bit by bit but surely10:37, 10/05/2012Unbelievable Russia way of thinking, how can Russia benefit in the long run with such agreements? The assembling of the plane in Russia, not even made in Russia. Sometimes writing about Russia can be so stressful. The Kremlin never listens never; it’s like giving a kid a toy and steals his food this is how the West treats Russia. But we should not blame the West for treating Russia the way they do now because this is how Russia wants to be treated, if they did not then there actions would have been different and very noticeable to the West.
Image Galleries: Removing Protesters’ Barricades in Kiev
Infographics: First Russian Smartphone
Russia has become very adept in playing the diplomatic game, in which victory depends on choosing the right associate or partner. But there are a growing number of claimants to this role in the new horizontal and interdependent world. Aside Syria and Iran, being still important, the new venues for the application of practical diplomacy may well be Ukraine, the East China Sea and Afghanistan.