Topic: Punk Group Pussy Riot Case
MOSCOW, April 29 (RIA Novosti)
- Pussy Riot Protest 'Not Crime' - Inquiry
- Ax-Wielding Man 'Attacks' Pussy Riot Judge
- Action Held in Support of Pussy Riot Near Russian Embassy in Mexico
- Pussy Riot to Remain Behind Bars
Activists from a fundamentalist Russian Orthodox organization dispersed with Holy Water a group of protesters who gathered on Sunday in downtown Moscow to support jailed female Pussy Riot punk group.
Several dozens of opposition activists gathered near the main Russia’s Christ the Savior Cathedral in Moscow for an unsanctioned rally in support of the members of the all-female punk group Pussy Riot who had been put in custody for performing a song against president-elect Vladimir Putin in the Cathedral in late February.
The rally, a new episode of the anti-government protests that have spread across Russia since December, was designed to unite both believers and atheists in a mass prayer.
Police however cordoned off the territory in front of the Cathedral and detained two organizers of the protest to avoid “provocations.”
Members of the Union of Orthodox Banner Bearers calmed down other participants of the prayer by pouring Holy Water on them and chanting: “No Sodom!”
The Cathedral authorities refused to comment on the rally.
Vandalism and church desecration cases have become more frequent in Russia after Pussy Riot performed what it called “a punk prayer” in February next to the Christ the Savior Cathedral’s main altar, which is off-limits to all but priests. Five group members, clad in balaclavas, chanted a song entitled “Holy Sh*t” against Putin that also contained lines such as “Holy Mother, Blessed Virgin, chase Putin out!”
The girls said the performance was a response to Orthodox Church head Patriarch Kirill’s backing of President-elect Vladimir Putin in the run-up to his landslide March 4 election victory. The patriarch called the 12 years of Putin's rule a "miracle of God" in a televised meeting.
Pussy Riot can face up to seven years in prison if found guilty on hooliganism charges.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- WestKazakThank God04:54, 30/04/2012Thanks to all who protect the Church
- moistFundamentalists?08:15, 30/04/2012Ok, stop and think for a while in all your western political correctness.Who´s the "fundamentalists" here? Is it Russians defending their church, culture and heritage or is it not the Soros funded, so called "punk group" desecrating the church and everything Russian, especially the western regimes most hated Russian?
- moistAddendum:08:21, 30/04/2012" From Moscow to Cairo and Damascus to east Jerusalem, Christianity is under assault, not from main stream Islam but from a nexus of Jewish and «Christian» Zionists allied with the disruptive forces of non-governmental organizations financed by global troublemaker George Soros, alias Gyorgy Schwartz.
In Moscow, a feminist rock band called «Pussy Riot» has used trademark Soros disruption tactics against the Russian Orthodox Church. Prior to the recent Russian presidential election, Pussy Rioters staged a sacrilegious, intolerant, and insensitive «concert» during worship services at the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow. After they were imprisoned for hooliganism, the Pussy Riot punkers instantly received support from all the usual suspects that kow-tow to the anti-Gentile line of the Zionists and their deep-pocketed Soros allies: The Washington Post, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Bloomberg News, and Forbes magazine. "
- arsanlupinNice touch21:03, 30/04/2012Using holy water to disperse the protesters showed real class. Nice!
Whether the Pussy Riot members had any real message became irrelevant when they began desecrating houses of worship. The is no excuse for it under any circumstances, and they got exactly what they deserved.
- arthurborgesWhat? No Garlic?18:28, 01/05/2012Isn't that mandatory to ward off vampires, werewolves, devils, demons and anybody-else-Christianity doesn't like?
(Except garlic-kissing Italians and Frenchmen of course)
One of the main achievements of the 6th BRICS Summit was the signing of an official document on establishing a New Development Bank with a declared capital of $100 billion. The creation of the bank is an important step towards institutionalizing BRICS and strengthening its positions in the world in the long run.