MOSCOW, December 1 (RIA Novosti)
- Moscow marks Car Free Day with traffic jams
- Moscow motorist group protests giving way to official cars
- Experts say higher taxes will combat Moscow traffic jams
- Moscow traffic jams stretch almost 3,000 km
- Moscow Mayor Sobyanin on high looks down on capital's traffic jams
- Sobyanin offers more roads, parking to tackle Moscow traffic jams
The number of motor vehicles in Moscow has grown by 600,000 since the start of the year, Mayor Sergei Sobyanin said on the state-run TV Center channel on Thursday.
Sobyanin, who replaced Yury Luzhkov as Moscow mayor in October 2010, has been tasked with resolving the problem of endless traffic jams in the city of over 11 million.
“In my opinion, the problem of traffic jams in Moscow can be resolved, but not in a simple way. It cannot be resolved through road construction as the number of vehicles is increasing. This year, the number of cars grew by 600,000,” he said.
There are currently about 4 million cars registered in Moscow.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.