VLADIVOSTOK, October 3 (RIA Novosti)
- Firefighters put out all forest fires in Russia's Far East
- Firefighters extinguish 10 out of 23 forest fires Russia's Far East
- Firefighters battle 9 large forest fires in East Siberia
- Firefighters extinguish 18 forest fires in Russia's Siberia over past 24 hours
- Wildfires in Russia in 2010
Firefighters and rescuers extinguished eight forest fires in Russia's Far East over the past 24 hours, a spokesman for the regional emergencies ministry said on Monday.
"All forest fires were registered in the Amur Region. Rescuers put out all of them in the past 24 hours," the spokesman said.
Over 100 people and 26 units of firefighting hardware, including two aircraft, were involved in combating the wildfires, he added.
Wildfires across Russia are common during dry and hot summers and in the fall. Most fires start because of the careless behavior of local residents.
Forest fires devastated a number of regions in central Russia last year, killing 62 people and leaving thousands homeless.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
The solution to the Ukrainian problem will directly depend on how the military operations unfold in Donbass. If the militia fighters take over the strategic initiative, win back Donbass and extend the war to the Zaporozhye and the Kharkov regions, then Kiev will be more amenable to a compromise