MOSCOW, September 2 (RIA Novosti)
- Right Cause party pre-election manifesto promises political reforms
- Russian tycoon Prokhorov ready to be PM, wants to join euro zone
- Billboard with Right Cause party leader portrait dismantled in Urals
- Prokhorov may spend $100 mln on Right Cause campaign - media
- Medvedev says sees eye to eye with Putin
- Putin, Medvedev may choose third candidate to run for president in 2012 - Mironov
Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov said on Friday that he could run for the presidency in 2012 if his Right Cause party does well in December’s parliamentary polls.
“If the party comes second, we will put forward a candidate for the presidency. I don’t rule out my own candidacy,” Prokhorov said on his website.
Prokhorov, ranked Russia's third richest man with a fortune of $18 billion by Forbes, formally quit business in July to go into politics and head the Right Cause party.
His party currently has no seats in Russia’s lower house of parliament.
If Prokhorov does stand, he is likely to face either President Dmitry Medvedev or Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in March’s presidential polls. Both have ruled out running against each other, and analysts expect an announcement after the December elections.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.