SELIGER (Tver region), August 1 (RIA Novosti)
- Obama announces debt deal with Congress leaders
- Obama says debt limit deal close
- U.S. Congress fails to agree on debt deal
The U.S. spends beyond its means and "lives like a parasite off the global economy," Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Monday.
U.S. President Barack Obama said earlier in the day he had reached a deal with Republican and Democratic leaders to raise the nation's debt ceiling by at least $2.1 trillion and avoid a default.
The proposed legislation is expected to be put to a vote in Congress later on Monday.
Speaking at a Russian political youth camp, Putin said the U.S. exists to build up its debt by relying on credit.
"It lives beyond its means, taxing the global economy with its problems and living like a parasite off the global economy and the monopoly of the dollar," he said.
At the same time, the Russian head of government admitted that in the present day situation the United States took a "balanced" decision as a possible default would also have affected the global economy, which would have been "no good at all," he concluded.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- avatar_singhofocourse putin is right and has guts to say what is right.03:15, 02/08/2011but shoudl nto have russia diversified way back in 2007y from dollar and killed dolalr along with collaoboration with china?
As revealed by William Arkin in early 2002, "The Bush administration, in a secret policy review... [had] ordered the Pentagon to draft contingency plans for the use of nuclear weapons [The 2001 Nuclear Posture Review approved by the Senate in late 2002] against at least seven countries, naming not only Russia and the "axis of evil"--Iraq, Iran, and North Korea--but also China, Libya and Syria. (See William Arkin, "Thinking the Unthinkable", Los Angeles Times, 9 March 2002)
In addition, the U.S. Defense Department has been told to prepare for the possibility that nuclear weapons may be required in some future Arab-Israeli crisis. And, it is to develop plans for using nuclear weapons to retaliate against chemical or biological attacks, as well as "surprising military developments" of an unspecified nature. These and a host of other directives, including calls for developing bunker-busting mini-nukes and nuclear weapons that reduce collateral damage, are contained in a still-classified document called the Nuclear Posture Review (NPR), which was delivered to Congress on Jan. 8. (ibid)
The preemptive nuclear doctrine (DJNO) --endorsed by the Obama Administration-- allows for the preemptive use of thermonuclear weapons in conventional war theaters directed against "rogue states". While the "guidelines" do not exclude other (more deadly) categories of nukes in the US /NATO nuclear arsenal, Pentagon "scenarios" in the Middle East and North Africa are currently limited to the use of tactical nuclear weapons including the B61-11 bunker buster bomb.
- avatar_singh(no title)03:17, 02/08/2011“As remarked by the Indian career diplomat M.K. Bhadrakumar: “The time is not far off before they begin to sense that ‘the war on terror’ is providing a convenient rubric under which the US is incrementally securing for itself a permanent abode in the highlands of Hindu Kush, the Pamirs, Central Asian steppes and the Caucasus that form the strategic hub overlooking Russia, China, India and Iran.” The scene for a great war involving the great powers of the time – US, Russia and
- avatar_singhrussia and china missed a chance to destroy american parasitic practice03:22, 02/08/2011IN 2008 Russia and china had the opportunity to destroy IMF and world bank and the american -british system of looting the world ;but foolishly these two countries ,on prompting from parasite england, recommended IMF and world bank to lead new economic system! How stupid of these countries and that is why they never go up in world because of their stupidity.
IMF and world bank were created to help bankrupt england in second world war and it is meant to serve none but england and her parasitic descendants and hanger-on’s in usa and Britain and anglo countries.
Secret memos expose link between oil firms and invasion of Iraq
by Paul Bignell
- melaniemVladimir Putin campaign rhetoric17:30, 03/08/2011I just converted all my US dollars to Russian rubles - oh, wait, I'm not an idiot. The US dollar is what makes the world go round. Does it make mistakes? Sure. Can it bounce back? Sure. Not everyone is jumping on the “let’s start using the ruble instead of the dollar” bandwagon. Also, by calling out one nation’s faults, you may also find yourself in a similar situation down the road. According to Vladimir Putin, the US are hooligans and parasites. I believe some years back we were called wolves. Who knows what else he says in private? Vladimir Putin is jealous of the United States – always has been. America will always be the Russian government’s punching bag. That’s okay because we’re made out of sturdier material.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.