MOSCOW, July 28 (RIA Novosti)
- Russian spy Chapman to head business newspaper
- Former spy Chapman may receive top position in pro-Kremlin youth group
- Ex-spy Chapman to hoist Russian flag on disputed Kuril Islands
- Russian cosmonauts to get new uniform, Anna Chapman not involved
Former spy Anna Chapman filed a lawsuit for compensation for 10 million rubles ($362,000) for a use of her video image, an aide at the Moscow Savelovsky court Vladimir Tarasov said on Thursday.
Chapman's conflict with the News Media Group, the owner of the lifenews.ru site and a number of print media, erupted last year. She accused the company of violating the rights restrictions on her audiovisual work after they broadcast on ANO TV-Novosti a 56-second video clip taken from her website of her photo shoot with Zhara (Heat) magazine.
"The court received a claim from Anna Chapman on protection of honor and dignity, as well as moral damages amounting to 10 million rubles," Tarasov said.
Chapman is also seeking a ban on News Media Group using her images. The hearing is expected to take place on August 29.
In December, the Moscow Arbitration Court dismissed the claim, pointing out that Russian Civil Code allows works to be cited without the consent of the owner and without any payment, providing the author and the source of the work are published. Chapman's appeal against that ruling was rejected.
Chapman, who shot to fame as the glamorous member of a Russian spy ring unmasked in the United States last summer, has been making a blitz political and show business career ever since. She was named a member of the Young Guard's public council in late December. A month later, the racy red-headed spy debuted as the host of a documentary TV show.
In early March, Chapman launched an official website, saying that "the perfection and meaningfulness of life can be achieved only through devotion and willingness to help people around me."
Chapman has also accepted a job as an adviser to the president of FondServiceBank and showed up at the launch of a Russian spacecraft.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
- sarahgoodwill53Putin Owes me00:55, 30/07/2011"your blood is on your own head." That was the line they used with me. Mind you, they came and destroyed me prior to me "betraying" them. I'm just a losing dog at the end of the day, and they try to find any reason to get rid of me without undoing the conditions that made me. Sympathy for the devil. LOL. I don't know what I have now, but I know that I'm not allowed to go toschool because I'm not allowed anything I want. I'm supposed to be an idiot, they said, but most people think a comedian. My long term memory is gone. It's difficult for me to make linear sense thesse days because I can't remember everything at once. Yay, mental institution, and that's how our intelligence service is getting away from us "powerful" traitors and terrorists these days. Like Muhammad A said, they know they've lost. Meanwhile, us evil people get all paranoid after initial problems and look delusional which they hone in on to defame us. We certainly miss important details. Our sponsers abandon us in our sloppy fallout, developing morals instead to avoid pay or a whole line of other things. Putin, I need fixed.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: Sledge Hockey
The unconstitutional takeover in Ukraine was the toughest, consistent and so far most effective Western counterattack launched amid the ongoing struggle for a fairer world order. Only the naïve believe that the United States and Europe will willingly share their right to rule the world, though their belief is worthy of respect.