Russian government daily Rossiiskaya Gazeta published the list of individuals and companies involved in money laundering and terrorism financing.© Photo: Screenshot of Rossiiskaya Gazeta website
MOSCOW, July 6 (RIA Novosti)
- EU praises Russia in fight on terrorism financing, money laundering
- U.S. unveils money laundering plan to seize foreign-held assets
- Medvedev calls for tough measures in fight against global terrorism
- Russia accuses Georgia of supporting terrorism in N.Caucasus
- World economic crisis boosts money laundering schemes - expert
- Terrorism grows from economic decline
- Medvedev calls for eradicating social roots of terrorism
The first of the document part, compiled by the Foreign Ministry on the basis of similar UN documents, lists some 600 foreign companies and individuals.
The second one, compiled by Russia's Justice Ministry, focuses on those whose activities are directly related to Russia. A total of 48 organizations and over 1,500 individuals are mentioned in the second part of the list.
Only organizations and individuals, whose illegal activities were established in court or whose activities on the Russian territory were officially ended, were listed.
"Specialists say, however, that there is a classified part of the list, where terrorism and extremism suspects are mentioned," the newspaper wrote.
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.