- Putin, Medvedev may both run for president in 2012 - PM
- Putin to have final word on United Russia party presidential candidate
- Presidential aide says 'senseless' to speculate about 2012 elections
- Putin vows no shocks at 2012 elections
- Medvedev does not want to compete with Putin in 2012 elections
Russian presidential candidates do not need support from abroad, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday.
"Future presidential candidates in Russia do not need support from abroad. They need support from the Russian people," Putin said in answer to a journalist's question about Western media criticism about him running in Russia's forthcoming presidential elections.
Putin, who served two presidential terms from 2000 to 2008, is widely expected to run again in 2012.
COPENHAGEN (Denmark), April 26 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.