- Medvedev insists Russia democratic, despite 'shortcomings' (Update 1)
- Medvedev calls on state corporations to raise innovation spending
- Russian presidential commission to consider innovation programs
- Russians more worried about alcoholism than human rights - poll
- Russia ranked one of least charitable countries - report
- Russia's economic modernization to create new jobs - Medvedev
Russia's development strategy through 2020 should be finalized in an open, transparent way, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday.
The main priorities will remain higher living standards, innovation and market institutions, he said.
"The work of the expert groups should be open and democratic, with all reasonable approaches and alternatives taken into account. Nothing must be rejected out of hand without a constructive and professional discussion," he said.
All proposals will be submitted to a public discussion, which will further increase public trust, Putin said.
It is also critical to take into account all the mistakes that have been made and will have been made by late 2011, when the strategy should be ready, he added.
MOSCOW, February 16 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: Life of the First Man in Space in Pictures
Infographics: History of the Paralympic Games
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.