Terrorist attack at a Moscow Domodedovo airport© REUTERS/ Denis Sinyakov
Terrorist attack at a Moscow Domodedovo airport© RIA Novosti. Alexei Kudenko
- Over 100 hospitalized after Moscow airport terrorist attack
- Domodedovo security, police to be checked for poor work
- Two terrorists involved in Domodedovo blast, both killed - source (Update 1)
- Domodedovo officials should be held accountable over security breaches - Medvedev
- Russian capital on edge after airport blast kills 35 (Wrapup 4)
Some 30 victims of Monday's terrorist attack at a Moscow airport were operated on overnight, and many remain in a critical condition, a health official said on Tuesday.
At least 35 people were killed and 180 injured in the suicide attack at Domodedovo airport's arrivals gate.
"We hope we will not lose anybody, but they are in a critical condition," Moscow healthcare chief Leonid Pechatnikov said.
The head of Moscow's Sklifosovsky Hospital, Anzor Hubutiya, said they had operated on seven people with serious injuries.
Monday's bomb was the second suicide attack in Moscow in less than 12 months. On March 29, 2010, two female suicide bombers from the volatile North Caucasus struck the city's metro system during the morning rush hour, killing 39.
MOSCOW, January 25 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: 10 Animals on the Verge of Extinction
Infographics: One Day Without Gasoline