- Two militants, accomplice killed in Makhachkala
- Four militants killed in Russia's North Caucasus
- At least four militants killed after attack on policemen in Dagestan
- Two militants killed in North Caucasus, operation continues
- Police kill militant, defuse bombs in Dagestan
- Two militants killed in Dagestan special operation
At least four people were killed and another five severely injured when a blast ripped through a cafe in Russia's volatile southern republic of Dagestan on Friday, Russia's Investigation Committee said.
Unidentified assailants blew up a car parked near the cafe in the city of Khasavyurt at 7.30 p.m. local time (18.30 GMT).
"According to preliminary data, two people working in the cafe and two customers were killed; five were taken to hospital in a critical condition," the committee said in a statement. Three of those injured were placed in intensive care.
MOSCOW, January 14 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: Yury Gagarin: A down-to-earth person
Infographics: The Linguistic Diversity of the Planet
Ukraine has not preserved its 1991 borders. The signing of the Geneva memorandum on April 17 reaffirmed the willingness of Russia, the United States and EU countries to reach a compromise. While the sides continue to trade tough talk and symbolic sanctions, the Kremlin and the White House are also holding a parallel dialogue on the coordinated geopolitical revision of Eastern Europe.