- Two militants, accomplice killed in Makhachkala
- Four militants killed in Russia's North Caucasus
- At least four militants killed after attack on policemen in Dagestan
- Two militants killed in North Caucasus, operation continues
- Police kill militant, defuse bombs in Dagestan
- Two militants killed in Dagestan special operation
At least four people were killed and another five severely injured when a blast ripped through a cafe in Russia's volatile southern republic of Dagestan on Friday, Russia's Investigation Committee said.
Unidentified assailants blew up a car parked near the cafe in the city of Khasavyurt at 7.30 p.m. local time (18.30 GMT).
"According to preliminary data, two people working in the cafe and two customers were killed; five were taken to hospital in a critical condition," the committee said in a statement. Three of those injured were placed in intensive care.
MOSCOW, January 14 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: The Pearl of Russia's Far East
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
Vladimir Putin Meets with Members of the Valdai International Discussion Club. Transcript of the Final Plenary Session
Vladimir Putin took part in the final plenary session of the Valdai International Discussion Club’s 11th meeting. The plenary session summed up the club’s work over the previous three days, which concentrated on analysing the factors eroding the current system of institutions and norms of international law.