- The battle-cruiser Pyotr Veliky
- Russia's Pyotr Veliky missile cruiser to make port call in Syria
- Russia's Pyotr Veliky nuclear-powered cruiser crosses English Channel
- The Pyotr Veliky cruiser inspects a fishing boat
- Russia's Pyotr Veliky nuclear-powered cruiser sails on mission in Indian Ocean
- Cruiser Pyotr Veliky in India
- Crew of Pyotr Veliky searches suspicious vessels
- Pyotr Veliky celebrates 12th birthday on high seas
- Pyotr Veliky,battle cruiser, visits Syria
- Marine infantry land on Pyotr Veliky
The Russian heavy nuclear-powered missile cruiser Pyotr Veliky and guided-missile cruiser Moskva have completed joint exercises and held a traditional farewell ceremony in the South China Sea.
"Today, the heavy nuclear-powered missile cruiser Pyotr Veliky and the guided-missile cruiser Moskva completed the joint transition phase," Captain First Class Sergei Zhuga said.
He said exercises included conjunctive navigation, maneuvering by flagship signal, joint use of weapons, air defense exercises and towing a damaged ship. The crews also controlled the transmission of naval helicopter flights from ship to ship.
Zhhuga said the drills were wide ranging and allowed the ship's crews to raise the professional level of their training.
After completing the drills, the crews carried out a traditional farewell ceremony. The two ships passed each other at a close range and the crews lined up and gave a military greeting.
The Moskva, the flagship of the Black Sea Fleet, left the Ukrainian port of Sevastopol on April 9 for a series of exercises in the Indian Ocean with the Pyotr Veliky of the Northern Fleet.
The two vessels are due to arrive in Russia's Far Eastern port of Vladivostok in June-July to take part in the Vostok-2010 large-scale strategic exercise. The exact date of the drills is yet to be announced.
Russia announced in 2007 that it was building up its naval presence across the world. Foreign port calls by Russian warships have become more frequent.
PYOTR VELIKY CRUISER, May 12 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
We have witnessed the total defeat of western Ukraine, Western nationalists and the West in general, which made the unfortunate decision to support the anti-government activity. They failed to realize that the collapse of Yanukovych means the collapse of Ukrainian unity. They set fire to their own home and planted a time bomb under Ukraine’s territorial integrity.