- China's Hu to visit Moscow for Victory Day celebrations
- British photographer gives his vision of Russian Victory Day heroes
- Vladivostok to be decked out with Stalin portraits for Victory Day
- Russian paratroopers head for Kiev to mark WWII Victory Day
- Acting Moldovan president says will not attend Moscow Victory Day celebrations - paper
- “Victory Day” exhibition by James Hill at the Moscow Museum of Modern Art
- British guardsmen train for Victory Parade on Red Square
- First night of rehearsals for the Victory Day Parade
- Rehearsing for the Victory Parade air show
- Making uniforms for the Victory Day parade
- A spectacular show. Rehearsal of Victory Parade at Alabino Shooting Range
- Topol-M missile launcher prepared for Victory Parade
- Tricolor fireworks for Victory Day
- British Royal Guards clean their bearskins and train for Victory Parade in Moscow
- Unique array of military vehicles for Victory Parade
- Russia’s Air Force rehearses Victory Day Parade near Moscow
- Russian officers to wear nanofabric uniforms for Victory Parade
- French, English and US orchestras will perform together at the Victory Parade
A rehearsal for the May 9 Victory Day parade started in Moscow on Tuesday booming with the powerful roar of military aircraft engines.
"Rehearsals have started. The Air Force parade formation flights have been scheduled between May 4 and 6 over Red Square as part of planned trainings," Russian Air Force spokesman Lt. Col. Vladimir Drik said.
Russia will mark the 65th anniversary of victory over Nazi Germany with its biggest ever post-Soviet demonstration of military hardware.
The Russian Air Force spokesman said this year some 20 aviation groups or more than 125 military planes and helicopters will participate in the parade.
The aircraft will include the Russian military transport planes Il -76, Il- 78 and An-124, accompanied by multi-purpose Su-27 fighters, aircraft aviation special-purpose IL-80s and A-50s, Tu-95MS Bear strategic bombers and supersonic Tu-160 Blackjacks.
Visitors will also see Tu-22M3 Backfire long-range bombers, Su-25 Frogfoot attack planes, MiG-29 Fulcrum and MiG-31 Foxhound fighter jets.
Russia's new generation advanced military aircraft trainers Yak-130, Su-34 multipurpose strike aircraft and Mi-26 heavy transport helicopter will also fly over the Kremlin for the first time, Drik said.
MOSCOW, May 4 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
If attempts to drag Russia into a direct military conflict in Ukraine are successful, it would be a catastrophe for Russia comparable to the 1979-1989 Afghan war. There is no direct evidence that the US is trying to bring about a second Afghan war, but indirect evidence abounds.