- Russian paratroopers head for Kiev to mark WWII Victory Day
- New air defense systems to take part in Moscow's VE-Day parade
- Moscow irate over Moldovan president's WWII remarks
- Russian and U.S. presidents issue statement marking Elbe Day 65th anniversary
- British guardsmen train for Victory Parade on Red Square
- First night of rehearsals for the Victory Day Parade
- Rehearsing for the Victory Parade air show
- Making uniforms for the Victory Day parade
- A spectacular show. Rehearsal of Victory Parade at Alabino Shooting Range
- Topol-M missile launcher prepared for Victory Parade
- Repainting missile systems for Victory Day
- Training for the Victory Day parade
- British Royal Guards clean their bearskins and train for Victory Parade in Moscow
- Unique array of military vehicles for Victory Parade
- Russia’s Air Force rehearses Victory Day Parade near Moscow
- Russian officers to wear nanofabric uniforms for Victory Parade
- French, English and US orchestras will perform together at the Victory Parade
- Topol-M to take part in Victory Parade
- Repainting military equipment for Victory Day Parade
- Military banner to be restored by Victory Day
- The Honor Guard Battalion starts preparing for the Victory Parade
German Chancellor Angela Merkel will attend a Victory Day Parade on Moscow's Red Square on May 9, a German government spokesman said on Friday.
"Federal Chancellor Merkel will travel to Moscow on May 8 to take part in celebrations for the 65th anniversary of the end of World War II," Christoph Steegmans told journalists in Berlin, adding that the Chancellor was invited to the celebrations by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
Large-scale military parades are held on Red Square on May 9 every year to commemorate Russia's victory over the Nazis in World War II. This year foreign troops will participate in the parade for the first time.
The first parade in Moscow took place on June 22, 1945, marking the end of the war that claimed some 55 million lives.
Other world leaders are also expected in Moscow for the Victory Day Parade. However, a Kremlin official said on Tuesday the leaders of Ukraine, Belarus, the United States and Britain will not attend the parade.
BERLIN, April 30 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Islamic terrorism is gaining momentum, and is all about ideological opposition to European Christian values. This is an aggressive young radical ideology that attracts followers across the world. And it will only grow stronger on the world political stage.