- Two accidents on ill-fated Tu-204 plane not linked - air official
- Seven injured as plane crash-lands near Moscow
- Four injured as plane crash-lands near Moscow
- Plane with nine onboard makes emergency landing near Moscow
- Plane performs emergency landing near Moscow airport
Russia's top investigator said on Monday the emergency landing of a Tu-204 plane earlier in the day was caused by an infringement of safety rules.
Vladimir Markin said a criminal case had been launched.
The plane left Domodedovo for the Egyptian resort city of Hurghada at 4:00 a.m. (01:00 GMT) on Sunday, but had to return to Moscow two hours later after smoke was detected in the cabin. Later, it resumed its flight.
The same plane, with only eight crew members onboard, made a belly landing in woodland near Moscow's Domodedovo Airport at 3:45 Moscow time [0:45 GMT] on Monday, while returning from Egypt.
Two crew members received serious head injuries and multiple fractures, while two others were taken to hospital in a satisfactory condition. The four remaining crew members are being treated for minor injuries in Domodedovo's medical center.
A spokesman for Russia's air transportation agency said the events were not connected.
MOSCOW, March 22 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.