- Russian ex-premier Gaidar resigns from SPS party
- Doctors deem poisoning cause of Gaidar's illness - press-secretary
- Hunting down Yegor Gaidar
- No serious risks for Russian economy before 2008 - ex-PM Gaidar
- Russia must not ignore oil price risk - ex-deputy PM Gaidar
- Stabilization fund must not be used - Gaidar
Yegor Gaidar, one of the leading architects of free market reforms in post-Soviet Russia, has died at the age of 53, his aide said on Wednesday.
"Yegor Gaidar has died, I cannot currently give any more details," Gennady Volkov said.
A source told RIA Novosti that a blood clot was the cause of death.
MOSCOW, December 16 (RIA Novosti)
Add to blog
You may place this material on your blog by copying the link.
Image Galleries: The Pearl of Russia's Far East
Infographics: Nobel Peace Prize
Vladimir Putin Meets with Members of the Valdai International Discussion Club. Transcript of the Final Plenary Session
Vladimir Putin took part in the final plenary session of the Valdai International Discussion Club’s 11th meeting. The plenary session summed up the club’s work over the previous three days, which concentrated on analysing the factors eroding the current system of institutions and norms of international law.