UK Prime Minister David Cameron promised that, should the Conservative Party win the general election in May, the country's citizens will be offered a choice on their future within the European Union in an in/out referendum by the end of 2017.
A high-ranking official from the Russian military industrial complex announced that before the end of this year there will be two launches of the Bulava submarine-launch ballistic missile (SLBM); in the last week of October from the Yuri Dolgoruky nuclear submarine and in the end of November from the Alexander Nevsky.
A Spanish activist group, the Association for the Recovery of Historical Memory, has blasted the Royal Spanish Academy’s dictionary definition of ‘Francoism’, accusing it of “sugar-coating” the "terrible and violent" dictatorship.
Russia’s sixth seed contender Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova beat Romanian Irina-Camelia Begu in the final match of the Kremlin Cup on Sunday, leaving the Cup in Moscow for the first time since 2007 and becoming the fourth Russian woman in the tournament’s history to win the Cup.
- Submarine Sought by Sweden Could Belong to Dutch Navy: Russian Defense Source
- Russia to Ban Imports of Cars, Heavy Equipment, Metallurgy Products: Reports
- Russian Lawmaker Says German MH17 Crash Intel Points to Kiev
- Crowds Walk Out on Obama’s Campaign Speech in Maryland
- German Intelligence Agency Chief Says Kiev Falsified Data on MH17 Crash
- Swedish Forces Say Cannot Confirm ‘Suspicious Underwater Activity’ to Be Russian Submarine
Yoann Bernard is a renowned French chef who has recently taken the helm of The Ritz-Carlton's Café Russe in Moscow; on the eve of International Chefs’ Day, he told RIA Novosti what kinds of adjustments had to be made to the menu due to “food sanctions”, his love of winter in Russia, and the way he deals with his most capricious customers.
During his annual press conference roundtable with Russian journalists, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko discussed the Ukrainian crisis, the ceasefire agreement signed in Minsk at the Trilateral Contact Group meeting, sanctions and the relationship between Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and the West.