A group of former U.S. Intelligence officials including William Binny, the first whistleblower to report on the NSA’s mass surveillance, has sent an open letter to German Chancellor Angela Merkel, warning her of the risks of Ukrainian NATO membership and of the dangers of faulty intelligence resulting in an escalation of the conflict, as published on the website Antiwar.org
New sanctions that are currently being developed by the European Commission may include widening of restrictive measures in the field of technology exports to be used in exploration and oil extraction, including maintenance of the technical expert groups working on ongoing projects, Czech news agency CTK reported Tuesday.
- Russian Security Council: 'Aggression Against Crimea Constitutes Attack on Russia'
- Rasmussen: 'Russia-France Mistral Ships Deal France’s Responsibility'
- Moscow ‘Shocked’ by Ukrainian Defense Minister’s Remarks of Looming Bloody War
- Kiev May ‘Change Format’ of Its Special Operation in East Ukraine – Spokesman
- Sanctions Against Russia ‘Unproductive’ - France's National Assembly
- Lavrov: 'Poroshenko's Visit to US Good Chance 'to Dot i's' on Ukraine Crisis'
Rossiya Segodnya spoke to Col. Yury Torshin, a retired officer of the FSB SOC Alpha unit. Col. Torshin took part in freeing hostages in School #1 in Beslan and then Nord Ost in Moscow. He was awarded five military orders and three combat medals. Rossiya Segodnya found out why Islamists chose to attack children and what price the Alpha unit officers paid to rescue hostages.
Boris Litvinov, the Chairman of the Donetsk People’s Republic Supreme Council told Rossiya Segodnya how the republic’s parliament is being formed, where financial and humanitarian aid arrives from, what the republic’s penitentiary system is like and why the residents cannot come to terms with the Kiev officials.
This summer, the Ukrainian crisis has raised more and more difficult questions. Who shot down the Malaysian flight over Ukraine? Why has the international investigation of its flight recorders in London failed to yield any information so far? Russia’s Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov answered these and other questions in an interview with Rossiya Segodnya.